Sign Up for Overdraft Privilege
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account or a line of credit, which may cost less than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
What if I want Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
- We will charge you a fee of up to $28 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, fill in and submit the form below. Alternatively, you may:
- Call Member Services at (256) 378-5559 option 3,
- Email us at email@example.com, or send a secure email through Virtual Branch online banking,
- OR complete the printed form and present it at any branch or mail it to: 17591 Plant Road, Childersburg, AL 35044.
You may revoke your authorization for Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number, so that we can properly identify your account.